An Ezine Author!

Jose Hipolito, EzineArticles Basic Author

Friday, December 9, 2011

A Lousy Life without Goal

Today, I was able to confirm something that I have been reading for quite a long time.  The significance of a CLEAR GOAL.  


I report for work but without a clear goal on what I should do or accomplish today.  It is just that it's Friday and that for most people like me, we are kind of "out of mood" for work.  And true enough, I haven't accomplished much.  I wasn't proud of myself.  But all excuses are equal.  There is no good excuse or bad excuse.   Those are all excuses.

Today, I learned something that I don't want to experience again.  From all the books I've read, I should have known better.

I can't get my thoughts straight and I can't work  effectively.  It was disappointing.

But then I remembered a challenge I put myself into last Tuesday.  No complaining and no negative thoughts for one week.  I've failed already but I will still try.

Most people will say that positive thinking will get you no where.  On second thought, what would I have to lose if I will replace negative thoughts with positive one?  I want to be an accomplished person Living the Good Life, hence from now on, I will be thinking that "I am an accomplished person."

"Men do not attract that which they wantbut that which they are." - James Allen

Addendum:  As I revisit this post, there's something that I realized which needs to be corrected.  Yes, it might seem that there's nothing to lose with positive thinking.  But thanks to Mr. Jef Menguin, now I realized that although positive thinking may not be that harmful, continuous exposure to it may lead to God fading in the background.  And instead, focusing on our own.  I stand corrected.  Now, rather than saying "I am an accomplished person," I rather say, "If God is with me, who is against me?  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. " 

No comments:

Post a Comment