An Ezine Author!

Jose Hipolito, EzineArticles Basic Author

Friday, June 28, 2013

What If You're Not Afraid...

...what will you do?

Will you scale the highest mountain?  Will swim the deepest ocean?  Will you cross the widest desert?  What if you are not afraid, will you do the things that your heart desires?

What will I do if I am not afraid?

I will tell the world all the things that I want to say.  I will do things that I love to do.  I will sing songs like no one's hearing.  I will dance like no one's watching.  I will write even if no one's reading.  I will write even if my grammar's as bad as it could get.  I will make friends with my enemies.  I will be frank to all people, tell them things that I hate and love about them.  I will hide nothing and from no one.

But I am afraid.  I am afraid that people may not understand me. I am afraid that the people who matter to me will judge me for the things that I do instead of the kind of person that I am.  I am afraid that people will hate me and ridicule me for being true.  I am afraid that I will hurt the people that I love. I am afraid that when I try, I might fail. I am afraid that my life may change and I will no longer be comfortable with it.  I am afraid to be disappointed, to be hurt and to fail.

Why are we afraid?  What is the source of our fears?  What are we afraid of?

We feel afraid because all we have are the wrong foundations, wrong reasons, wrong cause, wrong "WHY" of things..

Should we be afraid if we do things for love?
There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. - 1 John 4:18
In the same manner, we learned...
Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?  But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." - 1 Peter 3:13-14

Should you still be living in fear knowing that if you do good things because of love, the Lord
...Your God, [who] takes hold of your right hand and says to you, "Do not fear; I will help you."?  - Isaiah 41:13
So next time you feel afraid, ask yourself... why am I afraid?  If I will do this for God and for love, will it make my dream of BEing MORE and ACHIEVING MORE be realized?  I firmly believe so...






No comments:

Post a Comment