An Ezine Author!

Jose Hipolito, EzineArticles Basic Author

Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Helping Hand

I would like to take this opportunity to move away from the usual content of this blog.  In fact, I want to move somewhere to the southern part of the Philippines.

It's all over the news.  Typhoon "Sendong" brought devastation to many lives in Mindanao.  So many lives have been taken away and more bodies are still missing.   Their loss is extremely painful, way beyond I can comprehend.  For us who are fortunate enough to be spared from that calamity, now is the time to offer our help.  The international community expressed its sympathy and help.  We are brothers close-by.  Let us do our part.

There are lots of organizations where we could channel our help.  Be it in money or in kind.  Discern which among these organizations will be better suited to have your help across.  I am not endorsing any organization, I am encouraging everyone who are reading this to decide for yourself.

If you are in an organization, consider leveraging your people count. Even a ten pesos per individual can go a long way.  Now is the time to open our minds to possibilities that it is not only those who are living in abundance who can share.  We can share if we want.  There's always a way.

This is just one of my ways to help.  I encourage you to do as well.  'Though many are aware, not so much are willing to care.


I also encourage you to set a minute of silence, whatever you are doing or where you are right now.  Offer that minute of silence to pray to God.  Let us all pray that our Brothers and Sisters be granted with faith and strength to face the future despite all the pain, suffering and loss that they are facing right now.  May they still see the grace of God flowing into their lives and that all of these are but temporary.

I know that it is easier for me to say these things because I wasn't there and I don't feel their pain.  BUT, we don't have to feel their pain to understand them.  We just have to believe that there is a God who can feel their pains, sees their struggles and is willing to help to Live a Good Life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment