An Ezine Author!

Jose Hipolito, EzineArticles Basic Author

Monday, December 5, 2011

How Big is Your Ego

Just a short message because I am in a hurry and I don't want to dwell too much on this topic.

Why?  Because the more I will dwell on it, the more it will consume me.  What is this that I am talking about? My ego.  Let me share with you what happened today that I believed bruised my ego.

Who's into facebook? Are you into facebook?  Well, I am. Most of the time, I make it an outlet of my thoughts and a channel to reconnect with old friends and loved ones.  It works wonderfully for me.  But not today!

As I was scanning pictures of my friends, wondering how they've been so far in life, I saw a picture of an old friend.  With his family, he looks so happy, touring the world and living the good life.  Then flashes of memories float around my head.  I remembered the days I've spent with this person, a wonderful and hard working person.  But, as far as I could remember, that person is no better than me.  My ego yelled at me saying, "it's not fair!" That's what I thought at that moment.  So it got me thinking, "how could it be?! How could he be more successful than me? Does God favoured him more than me?" My ego was deeply hurt because for me life isn't fair.

I turned off the monitor immediately.  I don't want to have those thoughts hanging around in my head.  It won't bring me any good.  So I said, maybe there's something he's done that I didn't.  Maybe, he took the courage to take charge of his life while I spent my life taking the safe and comfortable road.  I don't know.

But as I contemplate on these things, my wounded ego started to heal, slowly but surely.  A soft voice whispered into my head and said, "to everything there is a season."  God does not play favorite, afterall. My time will come.

Whatever pain, heartache, disappointment or discontent that you are facing right now, think about this,."What was the true cause?" Could it be that it's all because of your wounded ego?


Stop hurting yourself. Stop tormenting yourself.  Just take that moment of silence and listen to that voice within you and telling you how to Live the Good Life.  God and ego, two words both with three letters, choose which one would you listen to.


"Cease striving and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment