An Ezine Author!

Jose Hipolito, EzineArticles Basic Author

Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Happy Hearts' Day - Me and Mrs. H

A few hours from now and people from all over the world would start being romantic again.  "I love yous" and "Marry Mes" will soon fill the air. But for the brokenhearted, what else is there and what's so specially with Feb. 14?  It's just another ordinary day that's been too much commercialized and over-rated.  Oh, well... it all depends on who you ask.

As for me, I had a great "pre-Valentine date" this morning! Yes, Mrs. H and I, we literally attended to the pressing concerns our "Pag-ibig." I'm talking about the Home Development Mutual Fund (or Pag-Ibig), a government agency in the Philippines.  Whoever thought of the idea of calling it Pag-Ibig (LOVE) is a genius.  Building a home and a great future, really starts with love.  By the way, PAG-IBIG stands for "Pagtutulungan sa Kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industria at Gobyerno."

So, going back to my pre-Valentine date.  It was just a typical dine-in in a local fast-food restaurant in a noisy location in the Metro.  The only difference is that it's a workday and it's at 10 am. Who dates his wife at 10 am in a Thursday? Nothing fancy, nothing unusual, nothing special.  But our little chit-chat over some oily fried rice and unfiltered dark brewed coffees are much like the ones we always have, until it turned into a very uplifting conversation.

The conversation that started with sharing of our school and work experiences, ended up with in-depth analysis of why things happened, how did it happen and what we've become because of those experiences.

Some of the things that Mrs. H said this morning that really left an impression on me are these:

"You don't stop (doing something) because you are tired but because you are done."
"Job well done is a job satisfaction in itself."
"You don't have to listen to what others will say about you. Some will see your potential, others will not. Sooner or later, your true self will emerge and people will see your true worth."
"Your experiences, at school and at work, will mold you to the kind of person that you are - technical skills don't count that much- it's your attitudes and work ethics."
After that nice and sweet breakfast together, I now ask myself, "Do I really have to buy books, listen to audios and attend seminars to motivate and inspire me? I could just sit and listen to this amazing lady the whole day."

To all of you who will be celebrating "love day" this February 14, I wish you happiness and meaningful celebration.  With or without "special someone" fill the day with love.

To Mrs. H, I know we never really celebrate Valentine's Day, but I must say, you really know how make a man fall in love with you - over and over again - making each day a Happy Heart's Day.

P.S.  When I came home this evening, candies and sweets were waiting for me.  Ha ha ha! Same treats she has for her kids tomorrow.   

No comments:

Post a Comment